- Interior Designer (integrated custom home design)
- Interior Decorator (decorated home interior)
- Do-It-Yourself Decorating (you add your style)
INTERIOR DESIGNERS DELIVER GREAT HOME DESIGN IN MUSKOKA
Classic Muskoka Homes can use one of three methods to coordinate our work with the perfect interior designer or interior decorator for your custom home build.
The most natural workflow is to have interior design performed by your Architect, or to have your Interior Designer coordinate closely with your Architect's design process.
This workflow provides a wholistic approach to interior design with the ability to optimize space-planning for furniture arrangements, circulation patterns and natural lighting through architectural control of the home interior, including the size, shape and orientation of building assemblies, rooms, windows & doors.
Some interior finishes will require special consideration during the structural design of your home such as ceramic tile, porcelain tile, natural stone tile & masonry veneer.
Your investment in professional interior design will produce a seamless, distinguished home interior offering an enhanced lifestyle and higher property value in Muskoka. Ask us for an interior designer referral!
INTERIOR DESIGN REFERRAL
Ask us to refer an Interior Designer to craft a visionary interior for your home.EMAIL
WORK WITH AN INTERIOR DESIGNER IN MUSKOKA
Interior Designers offer professional skill and years of experience creating high-quality interior spaces that incorporate beautiful textures, harmonious colours and inspiring lighting.
An interior design consultant will help you to make decisions, source unique & high-quality products and can provide custom design services for millwork, cabinets, or one-of-a-kind furniture pieces.
There are many decisions to be made in the design of the interior for a custom home.
Hiring an interior designer will simplify the decision-making process, will draw on the designer's experience to guide you toward solutions that look great, and that will ensure that you love spending time in your home.
The earlier that interior design is integrated into the process of your home's design, the more complete, consistent and polished the home interior will feel.
Early engagement with an interior design consultant can also avoid the risk of construction cost increases that commonly result from last-minute design changes and Change Order costs.
Our Fixed-Price contract with Cash Allowances will provide you with an excellent balance of construction cost predictability and flexibility to incorporate novel design ideas and one-of-a-kind features & furnishings.
BUILD WITH US
We don't lose track of the details - Classic Muskoka Homes.BUILD
WORK WITH AN INTERIOR DECORATOR IN MUSKOKA
An Interior Decorator has less design control than an Interior Designer because they are engaged only after the size, shape and orientation of rooms, interior spaces, windows & doors have been finalized.
Some finish material options may not be available to an interior decorator, due to deflection limits and structural requirements that must be designed to allow high-quality, durable installation of finishes including ceramic tile, porcelain tile, natural stone tile & stone masonry.
The scope of work for the interior decorator on a custom home build may include:
- Furniture arrangement planning
- Preliminary interior design - colours & materials
- Design revision & construction documents
- Custom design & production of cabinets & furniture
- Supply: materials, finishes, fixtures, furnishings, etc.
- Project management
- Budgeting & control of interior decorating cost
Do-It-Yourself interior decorating is subject to similar limitations as when hiring an Interior Decorator and will have responsibility for a similar work scope. It's a lot of work. If you're choosing this route, be ready to be busy!
START YOUR DESIGN
Arrange a meeting with Classic Muskoka Homes to discuss your pathway home to Muskoka.EMAIL
As we now have the pleasure of seeing the building coming into physical form, we are really pleased with the design and know that all that effort and time was well worth it.Leonard Lake
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY FOR INTERIOR DESIGN ON CUSTOM HOMES IN MUSKOKA
Your custom home interior should incorporate meticulous design for:
- Character, style or feel – Sleek Modern, Clean Traditional, Rustic Patina
- Custom furniture & upholstery – unique design elements
- Floor, wall & ceiling materials – aesthetics, quality & durability
- Kitchens & Bathrooms - custom cabinets, countertops, door & drawer styles
- Millwork design – baseboard, casings, coffered ceilings, wainscot, paneling
- Colour scheme, paint colour & sheen selection for all lighting conditions
- Lighting design – inspiring ambient & accent lighting, practical task lighting
- Window treatments – manual/ automated privacy & daylight control
The Interior Design scope for your custom home build may include:
- Collaboration & coordination with Architect, or Home Designer
- Space planning
- Furniture arrangement planning
- Preliminary interior design concept sketches, colour schemes & material samples
- Design development & revision to incorporate your design influence
- Detailed construction drawings & specifications
- Custom furniture and cabinet design & production
- Supply of materials, finishes, fixtures, furnishing & appliances
- Project manager for home interior construction work scope
- Budgeting & control of interior design construction costs